Tuesday, April 17, 2007

- BREAKING NEWS: Blanket made a side trip!

Hi all,
We haven't updated in a while because the blanket was en route. Now we all thought it was en route to Dangles in Canada....but somehow the blanket ended up in Italy?!? Here is Shandeh's post on the subject: (get ready for a giggle)

Hello everyone!!!

We have some bad news about our afghan.

It was mailed to ITALY by mistake!!!

Ya gotta laugh about it though. I bet that lady in Italy is scratching her head trying to figure it out.
(Dangles got the package that should have gone to Italy today, and it has a singing monkey inside!)

SO......back to the drawing board....or should I say "knitting" board?

I can start another one and mail it to Dangles. No problem at all.

But, the sad thing is.....my gift to Dangles is gone now.

Just to let you know, it was a LOT of vintage knitting magazines. Oh well. I have lots more things in my craft room that I can share.

So there we are, to quote Shandeh "back to the knitting board". :-) Now we know why it was taking a while to get to Canada. I don't know if they know who it went to, or if it'll ever make it's way back to North America, but if it does it will be the most well traveled charity blanket in our Oddball history.

Another blanket will be begun, and sent out. So knitters stay strong, your turn will come, just a little later than expected.

No comments: